Dear EHPS Members,
The term of the current EHPS Executive Committee will expire in August 2016, and in accordance with the Articles and Bylaws of the Society, nominations for election to positions on the Executive Committee are invited at this time.
This is an opportunity for you to take a more active part in the Society because you have the possibility of nominating candidates for the EC, members that in your opinion can make a valuable contribution to the future of the Society and can represent your point of view.
As a European democratic association, the European Health Psychology Society welcomes nominations from all members of the Society. Members may also put themselves forward for nomination. The EHPS election scrutineers will also aim at an adequate representation of the various regions of Europe (according to the guidelines provided in the EHPS bylaws).
In accordance with the Articles and Bylaws of the Society, any member of the Society who has been a member for at least 2 years by the time of nomination is eligible for election. The Executive Committee consists of eight elected members: a President, a Past-President, a President-Elect, a Secretary, a Treasurer and 3 members (one of whom will be the Membership Officer) who oversee activities such as National Delegates, Education and Training, and Communications. The President-Elect comes in for a two-year term before his/her term as President and remains for an additional term as Past-President (altogether six years). The Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Officer can serve for a maximum period of six years. Other members of the Executive Committee can only serve for a maximum of two consecutive terms of office.
To get an idea of what EC members do, you are invited to peruse the 2013 President’s message in the European Health Psychologist:
You are invited to nominate EHPS members for the following positions: President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Communication and Membership Officer and two ordinary members.
- Robbert Sanderman remains on the Executive Committee as Past-President.
- Karen Morgan remains on the Executive Committee as President.
- Diana Tăut is seeking re-election as Secretary and is eligible to be elected.
- The following are seeking re-election and are eligible to be elected:
- Gudrun Sproesser (Treasurer)
- Rik Crutzen (Communication and Membership Officer)
- Ewa Gruszczyńska (Ordinary Member)
- Falko Sniehotta (Past President) completed his maximum term of office and is not eligible for re-election.
- Molly Byrne (Grants Officer) is not standing for re-election.
The Secretary must receive the following via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31st of May 2016.
- The form containing confirmation of nomination from 2 nominating EHPS members and an acceptance of nomination by the person being nominated (this form is attached and available at this link);
- Along with their acceptance of nomination, nominees should submit a brief statement (no more than 500 words) of their expertise, involvement in the EHPS and similar organizations, and their view of their contribution to the development of the EHPS and of health psychology in Europe.
All nominations will be acknowledged by email – if you do not receive an acknowledgment please contact us.
Diana Taut, EHPS Secretary