The deadline for EHPS Conference grants, CREATE grants and Synergy grants is Monday 14 May 2018.
The purpose of the conference/workshop grants is to encourage talented researchers and graduate students who do not otherwise have access to funding to attend the EHPS conference and/or the CREATE or Synergy workshops.
- Relevance of the applicant's work to the topic of the workshop (for Synergy and CREATE grants), or relevance of the submitted abstract to the conference (for the EHPS conference grant).
- Clear demonstration of financial need.
- Potential of the fund to promote the career/research of the recipient at this particular time.
- A one-page supporting letter, to include: the reasons for applying for the grant, your planned contribution to the specific workshop and/or EHPS Conference and why this would be particularly beneficial to your career/research at this time, and any background information relevant to your funding situation.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages).
- For EHPS conference grants, please indicate in your supporting letter if your abstract has been accepted for an oral or a poster presentation at the conference.
- For EHPS conference grants, abstract of the paper or poster that has been submitted for the EHPS Conference.
- For graduate students, proof of student status, such as a copy of your student ID.
- An official statement from your employer or supervisor that no funding is being provided from the University or Institution and confirming the financial need.
- An estimate of total expected expenses, detailed according to categories: workshop registration/conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Precondition and expectations for receiving grants from the EHPS:
- Candidates must be EHPS members when accepting the grant.
- Grant recipients in the past three years are not eligible for application.
- Grants cannot exceed the maximum amount of costs indicated above.
- Candidates should give an estimate of their expenses upon application. Final reimbursement is based on the actual expenses per original receipts.
- It will be expected that after the conference/workshop recipients submit a letter describing how the fund has supported their work.
- A condition of funding is that successful awardees will be required to write a conference or workshop report for publication in EHP