The Synergy secretary holds a key position in the board and is responsible for a broad range
of duties related to Synergy's activities including:
- Keeping track of Synergy board tasks and delegating tasks to board members
- Compiling relevant summaries including minutes of Synergy Board Meetings, Annual General Meetings (AGMs), and Synergy Expert Meeting evaluations
- Maintaining online records of relevant Synergy documentation
- Compiling the annual Synergy Expert Meeting folder for the delegates
The benefits of becoming a SYNERGY board member are:
- Being part of a dynamic community of researchers organising meetings for world leading Health Psychology experts
- Contributing to the European Health Psychology Society as an active and engaged member
- Developing organizing and team working skills while working with Synergy board members and other leading experts
- Social aspects of networking with other researchers involved in the organization of CREATE, Synergy, and the European Health Psychology Society Executive Boards
The successful applicant for the secretary position should be available to shadow the current
secretary from July 2017 to August 2017 to acquaint themselves with the role (no duties until
the start of the term). The term commences after the EHPS conference in Padua 2017. The
secretary should be available for the period of at least two, but preferably three years, and is
expected to attend the annual Synergy winter board meeting (a weekend in January or
February). Expenses for the winter meeting will be covered. It is highly appreciated if the
secretary attends the annual EHPS conferences, to join the Synergy Annual General Meeting
and the Synergy Board Meeting (both during the EHPS conference).
Information on Synergy
Synergy is a subdivision of the European Health Psychology Society. Synergy organises an
annual Expert Meeting providing an opportunity for synergistic discussion between health
psychologists conducting research in core fields within health psychology. The focus of the
Synergy Expert Meetings is on advancing the standard of work within the field by pooling
expertise, sharing critical evaluations, and stimulating networking and collaborative research
between expert researchers from all over Europe and overseas in an informal and supportive
Being a Synergy board member includes tasks such as organizing the annual Synergy Expert
Meeting, participating in the Winter Board Meeting in a selected European location,
attending the Synergy Summer Board Meeting and AGM at the EHPS conference,
participating in ad-hoc online meetings/communications, and contributing to the planning of
future activities to promote Synergy’s aims. Most Synergy board members are early/midcareer
Board members are expected to serve for a minimum of one term (2 years) for a maximum of
two terms (excluding the shadowing period). As the Synergy board strives after diversity
among its members, especially people with an affiliation in Europe, but preferable not in the
UK and Germany are encouraged to apply for the post.
Please see the Synergy website for a list of current Synergy board members at
All current board members can be reached for informal inquiry and would be delighted to tell
you more about our work.
Please express your interest by sending a brief motivation letter to Lisa Marie Warner
(Synergy Chair) at email@example.com indicating why you would be a good candidate
for the position (100 to 300 words).
If there is more than one eligible application then there will be an online voting process
among the Synergy members to select one candidate. Your application text will be used for
this voting procedure.
The deadline for applications is June 30th 2017.
Thank you and kind regards,
Lisa Marie Warner
On behalf of the Synergy Board