Synergy board vacant position:
Synergy is a subdivision of the European Health Psychology Society. Synergy organises an annual Expert Meeting providing an opportunity for synergistic discussion between health psychologists conducting research in core fields within health psychology. The focus of the Synergy Expert Meetings is on advancing the standard of work within the field by pooling expertise, sharing critical evaluations, and stimulating networking and collaborative research between expert researchers from all over Europe and overseas in an informal and supportive atmosphere. Most Synergy board members are early/mid-career postdoctoral researchers.
The benefits of becoming a SYNERGY board member are:
- Being part of a dynamic community of researchers organising meetings for world leading Health Psychology experts
- Contributing to the European Health Psychology Society as an active and engaged member
- Developing organising and team working skills while working with Synergy board members and other leading experts
- Social aspects of networking with other researchers involved in the organization of CREATE, Synergy, and the European Health Psychology Society Executive Boards
The Synergy treasurer is responsible for all financial matters related to Synergy’s activities.
In particular, the tasks of the Synergy treasurer are:
- Directing, tracking, and keeping records of all financial transactions overtaken by Synergy
- Keeping proper accounts of the finances of Synergy
- Keeping financial records throughout the year, to be presented to the SYNERGY board, the EHPS EC and the auditors
- Being available for consultations on financial records
- Ensuring that all funds raised on behalf of Synergy or granted to Synergy are applied solely to matters following the aims of Synergy
Although the Synergy account is located at the Deutsche Bank (Konstanz, Germany), it can be remotely accessed in German and English language. Therefore, no German language skills are needed.
The deadline for applications is 1st February 2021.
Please express your interest by sending a brief motivation letter to Anne van Dongen (Synergy Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating why you would be a good candidate for the position (100 to 300 words).
If there is more than one eligible application, there will be voting process among the current and past Synergy Board members to select one candidate. Your brief motivation letter will be used for this voting procedure.
Thank you and kind regards,
Anne van Dongen
On behalf of the Synergy Board