CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP GRANTS
The purpose of the conference/workshop grants is to encourage talented researchers and graduate students who do not otherwise have access to funding to attend the EHPS conference and/or the CREATE workshop or Synergy Expert meeting.
The following grants are available:
EHPS Conference grants for graduate students and researchers who plan to attend the EHPS conference. Each grant is for a maximum of 900 euro toward conference registration, accommodation and travel. Grant is contingent upon having a paper or a poster accepted for the conference.
CREATE grants for graduate students who plan to attend the CREATE workshop. Each grant is for a maximum of 1000 euro toward workshop registration, conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Synergy grants for more senior researchers who are accepted onto the Synergy Expert meeting. Each grant is for a maximum of 1100 euro toward Expert meeting registration, conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Bring a Stakeholder Grants – In order to optimise the understanding of the implications of health psychology research for policy and practice this grant will enable applicants to bring a non-academic collaborator or partner (such as a healthcare practitioner, policy maker, charitable worker, industrial partner) to the conference for some mutual knowledge transfer . A maximum of 1000 euro is available to go towards the Stakeholders conference fee, accommodation, travel and subsistence. Applications must be led by the academic collaborator, with the stakeholder as a named co-applicant.
Application Deadline: 17th May, 2020.
Reviewing: Conference, CREATE and Synergy grant applications will be dual reviewed by the Grants Officer plus either the Synergy or Create reviewer as relevant. Bring a Stakeholder Grant applications will be reviewed by the Grants Officer and the EC Chair.
Notifications: Decisions on acceptance/rejection of submitted applications will be acknowledged within three weeks of receipt. A condition of funding is that successful awardees will be required to write a Conference report, workshop report or expert meeting report for publication in EHP.
NB: These dates are provisional and depend upon the time of announcement of accepted/rejected conference abstracts or workshop attendance
Grants Selection Process:
All applications will at minimum be dual reviewed by the Grants Officer plus either a Synergy and CREATE reviewer
The selection criteria are:
- Relevance of the applicant’s work to the topic of the workshop or Expert meeting (for Synergy and CREATE grants), or relevance of the submitted abstract to the conference (for the EHPS conference grant).
- Clear demonstration of financial need.
- Potential of the fund to promote the career/research of the recipient at this particular time.
Please collate the following documents into ONE file (Microsoft Word or PDF) before submitting (please note, applications not received in the requested format will not be reviewed):
- A one-page supporting letter, to include: the reasons for applying for the grant, your planned contribution to the specific workshop, Expert meeting and/or EHPS Conference and why this would be particularly beneficial to your career/research at this time, and any background information relevant to your funding situation.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages).
- For EHPS conference grants, please indicate in your supporting letter if your abstract has been accepted for an oral or a poster presentation at the conference.
- For EHPS conference grants, abstract of the paper or poster that has been submitted for the EHPS Conference.
- For graduate students, proof of student status, such as a copy of your student ID.
- An official statement from your employer or supervisor that no funding is being provided from the University or Institution and confirming the financial need.
- An estimate of total expected expenses, detailed according to categories: workshop registration/Expert meeting registration/conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Precondition and expectations for receiving grants from the EHPS:
- Candidates must be EHPS members when accepting the grant.
- Grant recipients in the past three years are not eligible for application.
- Grants cannot exceed the maximum amount of costs indicated above.
- Candidates should give an estimate of their expenses upon application. Final reimbursement is based on the actual expenses per original receipts.
- It will be expected that after the conference/workshop/Expert meeting recipients submit a letter describing how the fund has supported their work.
- A condition of funding is that successful awardees will be required to write a conference report, workshop report or Synergy Expert meeting report for publication in EHP.
Please send your application electronically to the Grants Officer (email@example.com). Decisions on acceptance/rejection of submitted applications will be acknowledged within 3 weeks of receipt.
- For the Bring a Stakeholder Grants we require only – the above one page supporting letter to detail your academic collaboration with your external stakeholder and what you hope to get out of their attendance at EHPS; a supporting letter from this external collaborator stating how they think attending EHPS as a ‘Bring a Stakeholder’ award recipient may benefit their research collaborations; a brief CV from the academic lead AND the Stakeholder; and the relevant Stakeholder costs. (The Academic is required to be an EHPS member and meeting their own attendance costs)