The purpose of the Synergy grant is to encourage talented researchers who do not otherwise have access to funding to attend the Synergy Expert meeting.
The following grants are available:
Synergy grants for more senior researchers who are accepted onto the Synergy Expert meeting. Each grant is for a maximum of 1100 euro toward Expert meeting registration, conference fee, accommodation and travel.
Grants are announced via EHPS/Synergy mailing lists and websites
This year’s deadline: 19 May, 2019
Grants Selection Process:
All applications will at minimum be dual reviewed by the Grants Officer plus either or both a Synergy and CREATE reviewer
The selection criteria are:
- Relevance of the applicant’s work to the topic of the Expert Meeting.
- Clear demonstration of financial need.
- Potential of the fund to promote the career/research of the recipient at this particular time.
Please collate the following documents into ONE file (Microsoft Word or PDF) before submitting (please note, applications not received in the requested format will not be reviewed):
- A one-page supporting letter, to include: the reasons for applying for the grant, your planned contribution to the Expert Meeting and why this would be particularly beneficial to your career/research at this time, and any background information relevant to your funding situation.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages).
- An official statement from your employer or supervisor that no funding is being provided from the University or Institution and confirming the financial need.
- An estimate of total expected expenses, detailed according to categories: Expert meeting registration, accommodation and travel.
Precondition and expectations for receiving grants from the EHPS:
- Candidates must be EHPS members when accepting the grant.
- Grant recipients in the past three years are not eligible for application.
- Grants cannot exceed the maximum amount of costs indicated above.
- Candidates should give an estimate of their expenses upon application. Final reimbursement is based on the actual expenses per original receipts.
- It will be expected that after the Expert meeting recipients submit a letter describing how the fund has supported their work.
- A condition of funding is that successful awardees will be required to write a Synergy Expert meeting report for publication in EHP.
Please send your application electronically to the Grants Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Decisions on acceptance/rejection of submitted applications will be acknowledged within 3 weeks of receipt.